Getting Copies of Non-Genealogical Records, including Birth, Death, Marriage, Civil Union and Domestic Partnership
**Vital statistics and other non-emergent services are currently being handled by appointment only. Please call to schedule. Walk-ins cannot be accommodated.
Non-Genealogical Records (current events) are:
- Births occurring within the last 80 years
- Marriages occurring within the last 50 years
- Deaths occurring within the last 40 years
- All domestic partnerships and civil unions.
Northwest Bergen Regional Health Commission processes Certified Copies for events which took place in the following New Jersey towns:
- Midland Park
- Saddle River
If the event for which you are seeking a Certified Copy took place in a New Jersey town other than the above-listed towns, please find your Local Registrar here.
For all requests, the following must be mailed or brought in-person with your application:
- all required copies of ID for proof of identity (see below for more information)
- the correct fees (check or money order only, payable to NWBRHC)
- copies of documents proving your relationship to the person named on the record, if requesting a certified copy (see below for more information)
Your application will be returned if you do not include all the required documentation.
**Are you planning a MARRIAGE or RE-MARRIAGE. Please click here for instructions.**