Be Wise – Immunize!
It is always better to prevent a disease than to treat it after it occurs.
Diseases that used to be common in this country and around the world, including polio, measles, diphtheria, pertussis (whooping cough), rubella (German measles), mumps, tetanus, rotavirus and Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) can now be prevented by vaccination. Over the years, vaccines have prevented countless cases of disease and saved millions of lives.
For more information, please visit: Diseases & the Vaccines that Prevent Them
Immunization Schedules for You and Your Family
Immunization of Pupils in Schools (N.J.A.C. 8:57-4)
Child Health Conference
NWBRHC hosts two monthly Child Health Conference Clinics for those children who are uninsured or have Medicare Part A.
- A physical exam by a doctor or nurse
- Immunizations to protect your child against a variety of serious illnesses such as polio and measles
Waldwick Child Health Conference Clinic
- 3rd Wednesday of the month, Waldwick Health Center, 22 White’s Lane (behind Ambulance Corps), 9:00 am – 12:00 pm.
- Serves the communities of Allendale, Franklin Lakes, Ho-Ho Kus, Mahwah, Midland Park, Oakland, Ramsey, Upper Saddle River, Waldwick, Wyckoff.
- By appointment only. Call Corinne at 201-445-7217 to schedule or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hillsdale Child Health Conference Clinic
- 4th Wednesday of the month, Borough Hall, 38 Hillsdale Avenue, Hillsdale, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm.
- Serves the communities of Alpine, Cresskill, Demarest, Dumont, Emerson, Harrington Park, Haworth, Hillsdale, Montvale, Northvale, Norwood, Old Tappan, Oradell, Park Ridge, River Vale, Washington Township, Westwood and Woodcliff Lake.
- By appointment only. Call Marguerite at 201-666-4800, x1528 to schedule.
Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs)
New Jersey’s Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) deliver high-quality health care to all people regardless of their ability to pay.
You don’t need health insurance to receive care at a health center. They serve the uninsured as well as patients with Medicaid, NJ FamilyCare, Medicare and private insurance. If you are uninsured, fees are charged based on your income level using a sliding fee scale. No one is ever turned away for lack of funds.
Health centers provide a wide range of services which include:
- Comprehensive Primary and Preventive Health Care
- Pediatric Services
- Dental Care
- Women’s Health
- Behavioral/Mental Health
- Lab Services
- HIV/AIDS Counseling and Testing
- And much more
Health Centers are conveniently located statewide. To locate the health center nearest you, please visit our FQHC search page.
Local Federally Qualified Health Centers
North Hudson Community Action Corporation Health Center
197 South Van Brunt StreetEnglewood, NJ 07631 (Bergen County)
Tel: (201) 537-4442
North Hudson Community Action Corporation Health Center – Garfield
535 Midland AvenueGarfield, NJ 07026 (Bergen County)
Tel: (973) 340-1182
North Hudson Community Action Corporation Health Center – Hackensack
25 E. Salem StHackensack, NJ 07601 (Bergen County)
Tel: (201) 996 – 2121
For all three centers, patients should call 201-210-0200 to schedule an appointment. Individual site telephone numbers are listed for convenience only.
Administrative Contact for North Hudson Community Action Corporation Health Centers: Joan Quigley, (201) 210-0100.
Valley Hospital Community Care
1114 Goffle Road, Hawthorne, NJ,
Contact Betty at (973) 427-7676, x204
This is an application-based program based on financial need. It is not a walk-in clinic.